Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Here we Come 2015!!

Merry Christmas 2014!! I am sitting here in my recliner (yes I am 80 years old at heart), looking at my beautiful Christmas tree with gifts beneath it with a very full heart! 2014 has been a crazy year. It seems to have absolutely flown by!! I am sure you are reading this post (the first one I have written in over three years) because you were told that there was some juicy news to be had. Are you just dying to know what it is?? I bet you are!!! Well, let me write a little more of our story before I give it all away here.
Jess and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary this summer. 7 years already, seriously, where is time going?! Other milestones this year included my 30th birthday! So crazy. I honestly don't feel a day over 21. But I think that is how is should be. To combat  the "old" label that I felt might come with the 30th birthday, I decided to dye my hair hot pink on the ends. Then a few months later I added purple. You only live once right? I dyed my hair with the full intent of getting it cut or colored back to normal by my 30th, but I kinda love it!  Fun colors are here to stay for now.
Jess had  a great year at work. He was voted "Best of the Best" Salesman of the year by the Korean American Grocers Association. In Salesman Land, this is a huge deal! Only one person  is given this title in the state of Washington every year, and it has never been won by someone from Harbor Wholesale Foods before. So Jess Ryan is officially the BEST. But you don't have to remind him!
Jess and I had the opportunity to see the Dominican Republic on a week long vacation this spring. It was a lot of fun! A week of laying in the sun around the pool was just what we needed.  We also got to do some good RV'ing this summer. We did a trip with my parents to Dosiwallips State Park, and a week at Lake Chelan (or MY lake as I like to call it). I went cliff jumping for the fist time while in Chelan. It was awesome!
Jess's parents took the whole family to Whistler for a 5 day "weekend" this December. I didn't realize how far away it is! It was such a fun  trip. In case you didn't know, Jess's immediate family is 18 people large! So, all of us got to spend the weekend together in one house. Whistler is absolutely beautiful. My first ever trip to Canada was a blast. The Whistler village is so much fun. Think of Leavenworth, on steroids... times a million. 
My Mom treated my Grandma Ruby and I to the PNB Nutcracker this December also. When I was little, my grandma took my mom and I to the nutcracker every year in Wenatchee.  It was the only version of the nutcracker I had ever seen so naturally I thought it was amazing. Then again, what five year old wouldn't?  Being able to share the "real" ballet with my mom and grandma was pretty amazing. 
So, are you ready for the big news yet? I bet you are! Well, here it is...Jess and I are starting our family this year!  We have decided that our first child will be adopted.  So, we are embarking on the amazing journey to parenthood through Fostering to Adopt with the Tacoma Youth for Christ organization. They are one of only two Christian based organizations in Washington that partner with the state and place kids in Christian homes for foster care. Jess and I have a great big philosophy on why we are choosing to adopt for our first child, especially through foster care. I will save that for our next post. So, please join  us in our amazing crazy journey to parenthood through foster to adopt. We are so excited to add some babies to our home! Hopefully next year, as I write a Christmas post to our blog, I will be doing it with a babe in my lap. Please pray for us as we begin the process of paper work, background checks, doctors clearance, childproofing and painting our home. Pray for us as a man and wife, and for our soon to be child, or possibly children.  Jess and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a beautiful New Year.



No comments:

Post a Comment